- Criticism can be very useful and very helpful.
- Criticism can be very hard to take.
- Some criticism is worthless, useless, pointless.
- Criticism often meets a harsh response, even if such criticism is warranted and helpful.
- Criticism is often accompanied by suggestions, only some of which are worthwhile.
- Critics are often themselves critized or attacked in the guise of criticism.
Now that I have begun thinking about criticism, I doubt I will ever stop. The topic fascinates me, especially the duality of its inherent helpfulness and unpleasantness. Whenever you are criticized, try to remember to appreciate the criticism (unless the so-called critic is just attacking a (some) non-flaw(s)). And please, criticize me often.
For more information about criticism, visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism or visit your local library.